Upgrade to Orbis on Memorial Day Weekend
During the Memorial Day weekend, Friday, May 25th – Monday, May 28th, the Library will be upgrading our Online Catalog, Orbis.
Very limited services will be available during the upgrade.
While the upgrade is in progress, you will be able to:
- Charge and return books
- Access a read-only version of Orbis (You will not be able to renew items, request materials, or access ‘My Account’)
- Place ILL requests
During the upgrade you will not be able to:
- arrange for privileges
- recall a book
- arrange delivery of items from the LSF (Library Shelving Facility) or other campus libraries
- pay a fine
- receive an email notices (i.e. no courtesy reminders, recall notices, overdue notices, etc)
- initiate a Borrow Direct request
Classic Orbis Retirement & New Features
As part of the upgrade, the ‘Classic’ version of Orbis will be retired and replaced with the new Orbis interface. The retirement of Classic Orbis is made possible by several new features that will be introduced as part of the upgrade, including:
- Additional Quick Limits for Maps and Microform
- Ability to browse subjects from a specific title
- Search term highlighting
- Enhanced ‘My Account ‘ functionality
- Improved performance for Call Number browsing
For more information, call us at the Information Desk 203-737-4065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or AskYale.