Clements C. Fry, M.D. (1892-1955) was Psychiatrist-in-Chief in the Department of University Health at Yale University where he pioneered in the implementation of mental health services for college students.
This photograph of Fry in his office gives a glimpse of the framed prints from his collection which were displayed throughout the Department of University Health during his tenure.
When the Medical Library opened in 1941, Fry lent seventy-five prints for display in the long library corridors. The collection continued to be displayed for the next forty–five years.
During Fry’s lifetime, the collection received extensive publicity and was exhibited at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. (1946); Yale Art Gallery (1947, 1960); Milwaukee Art Institute (1953); Wadsworth Atheneum (1954); Cleveland Art Museum (1956.)