What am I eligible for?
Visitors who are not currently registered students or employees of Yale are welcome to visit the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library for:
- Use of print book & journal collection
For occasional use.
Visitors must give the guard in the rotunda photo ID prior to entering the library. ID will be returned when exiting. All visitors must leave by 9:45 P.M.
Extended stack access provides a user access to the library book and journal collection for extended use..
Stack access is granted without charge to the following categories of users:
- Medical Library Associates
- Clergy in the greater New Haven area who devote their full time to a parish, church or synagogue
- Federal officials stationed in the New Haven area for the official work of their agencies
- Matriculating undergraduate students rotating through Yale-New Haven Hospital
- State and local government officials
The stack access fee is $40.00 per month, $80 for 3 months, and $200 for the year
A stack access card will be provided upon the presentation of a current identification card. Please contact the staff at the Circulation Desk to arrange for privileges.
What services are unavailable to me?
Visitors who are not currently registered students or employees of Yale do not have privileges for:
- Interlibrary Loan
- Scan and Deliver
- Reference Librarian Consultations
Please apply at the Medical Library Circulation Desk between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- $250 per three month increment or $850 per year
- May borrow up to 15 items
- $850 per year (only available at year rate)
- May borrow up to 50 items
The Cushing/Whitney Medical Library appreciates the timely return of books.
Payment is accepted via credit card at the Circulation Desk.