What am I eligible for?
Borrowing privileges at the library at no charge. These privileges include:
- Check out materials from any library
- Library access
Visit the Yale University ID Center with the required documentation and identification to get a Yale University ID Card.
Once you have your Yale ID Card, you will need to visit the Privileges Office in the Sterling Memorial Library to arrange for borrowing privileges and establish your library account.
Borrowing privileges expire on June 30th each year and are renewable for the duration of spouses' appointment at Yale University.
- 2 Months at Medical Library
- 2 Months at all other libraries except the Arts Library.
All circulating library materials may be recalled by another reader.
How many books can I borrow?
Is there a late fee?
The following overdue fees apply:
- Modern and historical collections: $0.50 per day per item past due date ($15.00 maximum)
- Course reserves: $0.05 per minute per item returned late ($25.00 maximum)
The Medical Library appreciates the timely return of books.
Payment is accepted via check or cash at the Circulation Desk.
Remote Access to Resources
Spouses are not eligible for remote access.