What am I eligible for?
Privileges for Yale University employed visiting scholars and researchers include:
- Check out materials from any library
- Library access
Eligible for a Yale ID card which also serves as the library borrowing card.
Please visit the Medical School ID Center to get your card before using the library. Medical School students, employees, faculty and staff should use the Medical School ID Center.
Medical School ID Center, 333 Cedar Street, Yale School of Medicine, 203-785-4286.
- Two months OR date of expiration - dependent on appointment at Yale University
All circulating library materials may be recalled by another reader.
How many books can I borrow?
- Book limit – 50 books - dependant on appointment at Yale University
Is there a late fee?
The following overdue fees apply:
- Modern and historical collections: $0.50 per day per item past due date ($15.00 maximum)
- Course reserves: $0.05 per minute per item returned late ($25.00 maximum)
The Medical Library appreciates the timely return of books.
Payment is accepted via check, cash or charge at the Circulation Desk.
Remote Access to Resources
Visiting staff are not eligible for remote access.