The method for accessing Ovid will change in Fall 2019. Users who want to keep saved searches or auto alerts must follow the steps below to migrate their account.
How to migrate your saved searches and auto alerts:
Follow the steps below or watch this video tutorial.
1. Go to the Ovid landing page
2. Select “Start Ovid”
3. Select “My Account” (top-right corner)
4. Select “Create Account”
5. When creating your account:
- Your “Personal Account Name” should be your yale.edu email (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your “Password” should be: password
- Note: You can change your password after saved searches have been transferred to your new account.
6. Once you have created your new account, please fill out this form.
- The form will ask for your “Personal Account Name” (email) and NetID. This form will be sent to Ovid Technology Support in order to transfer your saved searches and alerts.
7. You will receive notification when your saved searches and alerts have been transferred. This process should take ~24 hours (excluding weekends).
If you have any questions, please reach out to Alexandria.Brackett@yale.edu