Biomedical Literature Searcher
Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library
Rank: Casual Position
Term: Until June 30, 2018
Schedule: Flexible; Approximately 10-15 hours/week. Quantity will vary depending on need but will not exceed 19 hours in any given week.
Seeking an experienced health sciences librarian with outstanding biomedical literature searching skills to supplement the existing Cushing/Whitney Medical Library team of clinical and research support librarians. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Biomedical Search Librarian conducts a variety of literature searches for end users and fellow librarians, including quick-turnaround clinical searches, in-depth topical searches, concept table development, developing hedges for IACUC compliance searches, and support for comprehensive searches for meta-analyses and systematic reviews. May provide services directly to health professionals within the Yale New Haven Medical Center.
- Provides in-depth literature searching services for faculty, students, researchers and librarians.
- Conducts quick searches on a variety of biomedical topics, often working directly with patrons.
- Develops and peer reviews comprehensive searches, translates and documents searches across appropriate databases, maintains search logs and records, exports results to a citation management library.
- Imports and manipulates citations in software such as EndNote and Covidence.
- Builds or uses existing hedges to search and package results for Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and federal regulatory compliance.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or equivalent.
- Five years or more professional experience in an academic health sciences or hospital library.
- Expert knowledge of search techniques in PubMed, Ovid, CINAHL and other databases and electronic resources is essential.
- Experience with citation management programs, especially EndNote
- Experience working collegially, collaboratively and independently with varied groups, with and across a complex organization and rapidly changing team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team-based and self-directed work environment.
Send cover letter, CV, and the names of three references to:
Senior Administrative Assistant
Cushing/Whitney Medical Library