Welcome to Resource Spotlight! The Cushing/Whitney Medical Library provides access to an incredible array of databases, e-book collections, software and more. In this series of posts, we’ll be showcasing highlights from our collection.
In this edition of Resource Spotlight, we’ll be looking at BMJ Case Reports. BMJ Case Reports is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary collection of case articles and reports from around the world. This collection makes it easy for researchers and clinicians alike to find clinically important information on both common and rare conditions.
BMJ Case Reports has been running for 10 years, with thousands of case reports available immediately online and in full-text PDFs. Within the interface, you can:
- Browse case reports by most recent, type of case, or specialty
- Filter the collection by patient age, ethnicity, sex and more
- Subscribe to an RSS feed of case reports on a topic of your choice
- Access synthesized information in the case summary field
- Opt into email alerts to follow if a case is cited
Not only can you read case reports with this resource, you can publish your own - for free! The Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library has created an institutional membership with BMJ for the Case Reports so that researchers at the university and Yale-New Haven Hospital can submit new cases to the journal free of charge. Click here for the submission code.
With something to offer for all specialties, start exploring BMJ Case Reports today!