Welcome to our new series, Resource Spotlight! The Cushing/Whitney Medical Library provides access to an incredible array of databases, e-book collections, software and more. In this series of posts, we’ll be showcasing highlights from our collection.
In this edition of Resource Spotlight, we’ll be looking at AccessMedicine. Produced by publisher McGraw-Hill, AccessMedicine is part of a robust family of resources including AccessAnesthesiology, AccessEmergency, AccessPediatrics, and AccessSurgery.
AccessMedicine is a great tool for students, residents, and faculty alike:
- Online access to more than 80 medical textbooks, such as Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, The Color Atlas of Family Medicine, and Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine
- Multimedia library with examination videos, patient safety modules, procedural videos, and more
- Exam preparation tools for board certification and Step 3 including Graber and Wilbur’s Family Medicine Examination & Board Review and large question banks with detailed answers
- Tools to help your practice such as the Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, the differential diagnosis tool Diagnosaurus, and an integrated drug database in English and Spanish
- Patient education resources on thousands of topics in many languages
AccessMedicine is available to Yale affiliates through the VPN, YNHH affiliates through the proxy server, and everybody on the YaleSecure WiFi network.
For questions on how to best use AccessMedicine, feel free to contact Clinical Librarian Alexandria "Lexi" Brackett.