Yale Library has a new app that allows you to checkout materials right from your mobile device! Simply download the app onto your Android or iOS device, sign in with your NetID and password, and start scanning.
The app is available for current Yale students, faculty and staff and can only be used while on campus.
How it Works
Download the free "Yale Library Self-Checkout" app from your app store.
1. Open the app and click "Start."
2. Sign in with your netID and password.
3. Click on the "plus" sign in the top left corner to check out materials.
4. Use your phone's camera to check out materials by holding it over the book barcode.
5. You will see a list of items that have been successfully checked to you. Click "Finish" to complete your transaction.
6. Once you click "Finish" you will see this confirmation and a note that your receipt will be emailed to you. Receipts come from "firstname.lastname@example.org"
If you have any questions, please reach out to AskYaleMedicalLibrary@yale.edu.