What am I eligible for?
Faculty, Staff and Students at institutions participating in the BorrowDirect Plus On-Site Borrowing program will receive free borrowing standard privileges upon request.
The Yale Lillian Goldman Law Library may also be accessed through a separate registration process.
Participating institutions include:
- Brown University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Dartmouth College
- Duke University
- Harvard University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
How do I register?
Readers in this category who wish to use the Yale collections must register in person at the Medical Library Circulation Desk.
Send questions to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Sat-Sun: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Readers will also be asked to verify current eligibility by logging into their home institution's BorrowDirect or Library Account.
To register, you will need to provide two forms of ID - one from each section.
Section 1: Government Issued ID
- Driver’s license (from U.S. or Canada)
- U.S. or foreign passport
- Alien registration card with photo (INS form I-151 or I-551).
Section 2: Secondary ID from participating University
- A valid ID Card and/or
- A letter of introduction on organization letterhead
Explanation of Privileges
- Check out materials from any library
- Building Access
- Loan length – two months or date of expiration, whichever is lesser.
- Book limit – 15 books
- Length of privileges - 1 year, renewable
*Use “Place Requests” to retrieve materials and have them delivered to the circulation desk of the selected Yale University Library. Allow two business days for delivery of items between libraries.