What am I eligible for?
Alumni of Yale University may apply for any three levels of library privileges.
- Access to the Medical Library stacks. No borrowing privileges.
- Access to Library facilities for all open hours
Alumni Standard Borrowing:
- Check out materials from the Medical Library
- Library Access
- 3 month minimum purchase; discount for yearly purchase
- Loan length – 61 days or date of expiration, whichever is lesser
- $45 per 3 month increment or $150/year
- Can borrow 10 items
Alumni Premium Borrowing:
- Same as standard except borrowing increases to 50 items
- $60 per 3 month increment or $200/year
To use our article retrieval services sign up for an account through Loansome Doc. This is a fee based service.
To register, you will need to provide a current government issued ID. The following documents are acceptable forms of identification for registration:
- Driver’s license (from U.S. or Canada)
- U.S. or foreign passport
- Alien registration card with photo (INS form I-151 or I-551).
Is there a late fee?
The following overdue fees apply:
- Modern and historical collections: $0.50 per day per item past due date ($15.00 maximum)
- Course reserves: $0.05 per minute per item returned late ($25.00 maximum)
The Medical Library appreciates the timely return of books.
Payment is accepted via credit card at the Circulation Desk.
Remote Access to Resources
Alumni can freely use all JSTOR collections licensed by Yale. JSTOR, a non-profit service, is a digital archive of over 1,000 academic journals.
Once you register, you can access JSTOR through the AYA website.