We've gathered links from the Medical Library and ITS (Information Technology Services) Websites that should address many of the computing and technology questions you have.
It is sometimes difficult to know where to turn to for help. Your personal librarian and other library staff can often direct you to the correct person or office if we can't help you ourselves.
- if you have questions about accessing the library resources, using the computers in the library, or downloading specialized applications (e.g. medical apps for mobile devices), library staff are the best ones to help.
- If you have hardware problems, issues involving your NetID or need to install software such as MS Office, antivirus or the VPN, ITS options are your best bet.
In-person support for your computers, iPads and other mobile devices is available from the Sterling Hall of Medicine Walk-in Computer Support Center located within the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library. There are other similar Centers around campus that also provide assistance. The WCS is located on the Journal level of the Medical Library and is staffed from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The other option for computer assistance is the ITS Help Desk. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, call them at (203) 432-9000, or chat at the ITS Helpdesk Website. The ITS Helpdesk Phone Support is 24/7.
Yale School of Nursing Students have two options for assistance with computers and mobile devices. You may contact Neal Greene, YSN Media & Technology Support at email@example.com , (203) 785-2392 or drop by Room 01107 on the "Garden Level". Assistance with hardware and software is also available through the ITS Helpdesk and west campus on site IT Support. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org, call them at (203) 432-9000, or chat at the ITS Helpdesk Website. The ITS Helpdesk Phone Support is 24/7.
Any issues regarding access to or use of Medical Library computers should be directed to a member of the Library staff at one of our service points. For further assistance, please contact Justin DeMayo, IT support provider, at email@example.com.
- NetID Information
- Getting Connected
- Email Accounts
- Remote Access (Connecting from Off-Campus)
- Computing Facilities and Services in the Medical Library
- Personalizing Access to the Medical Library
- PDAs/Mobile Devices
- Course Management Systems (BlueDogs & Classes*V2)
- Computer Purchase Information
- Computing Help from ITS
- ITS Network and Internet
Network Registration for Computers, Mobile Devices & Game Systems
Using Your Laptop in the Medical Library
- Printing to Medical Library printers
- Wireless - Wifi@Yale
- Yale Supported Software & Downloads
Computing Facilities and Services in the Medical Library
- Medical Library Computing & Technology
- Desktop Computers in the Library
- Printing & Photocopying
- Printing to Medical Library Printers from your Laptop
- Loaner Laptops for Medical Center Students
- Your Library Account (Orbis)
- Creating an OVID Personal Edition Account
- Personal Librarian Program for Medical Center Students
- IT Buying Guide (ITS)
- Free and Reduced Price Software (ITS)
- Portal for Lenovo Purchases (via GovConnection)
- Yale Online Apple Store
- Yale OnTheHub (educational discounts on hardware, software & office supplies)