"The library is the heart and soul of the university. It's the crown jewel. How can you do without it? It’s been a storehouse of knowledge throughout the ages."
– Stanley Simbonis, '53 '57 M.D.
Thanks to his generous gift, the Stanley Simbonis, M.D. Endowed Fund for the Yale Medical Library was established. This endowment allows the library to support training of early career professionals in library-related fields.
- 2019-2021, Dr. Nur-Taz Rahman, Simbonis Fellow for Bioinformatics
- 2021-2023, Kayla Del Biondo, Simbonis Librarian for Public Health
The Simbonis Conference Room
The Stanley Simbonis Conference Room in the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library was dedicated in recognition of Dr. Simbonis's ardent service.
More about Stanley Simbonis ’53, ’57 M.D.:
- "‘Love and respect’ for library prompt an alumnus’s gift"
- "An international traveler makes himself at home in the world’s great libraries"
Dr. Stanley Simbonis encapsulated the spirit of giving in writing the following poem, which he shared on Associates Day 2016:
This loneliness so utter
No angels ever shared
This dream so sought, so hard
That reason dissolves
Through rules deceive
Yet belief remains, relieves.
Self belief, mutual belief
To ease the wait, ease the doubt
And bare vision that must be true.
What a selfless dream
Fulfilling the debt with these
Heartening, joyous gestures.
Stanley Simbonis, '53 '57 M.D.
April 6, 2016