The Harvey Cushing/John Hay Whitney Medical Library provides access to an extensive array of information resources and tools, offers research assistance and expertise, and delivers meaningful services to our users, to support innovation and excellence in biomedical research, patient care, and the development of scholars and future leaders in healthcare.
- Be vital to the mission of Yale University and the Yale New Haven Medical Center.
- Understand the changing and diverse needs of our patrons, both local and remote.
- Be flexible and quick to adapt to changing needs and technologies.
- Promote and use the best tool for the job.
Exceed patron expectations in providing high quality collections, services,
- Represent the Library's ethic of honesty, integrity, and trust.
Support the staff in meeting the mission and guiding principles of the library.
Yale University Library Staff Values
The staff values, developed by and for Yale Library staff, are intended set the tone for our collaborative work, communication, and interactions with library users. Yale Library patrons and visitors are invited to embrace and practice these values in community with us.
We commit to cultivating a supportive and inclusive work environment. We hold ourselves and each other accountable for embodying these values in our shared work:
- Access We champion equitable, ethical access to the record of human thought and experience
- Diversity We value our differences and promote inclusion and mutual respect in our community, discourse, and spaces
- Creativity We nurture a culture of curiosity and innovation