Board Prep Resources
Amboss serves students preparing for their USMLE exams. It includes Learning Cards to test future physicians’ medical knowledge of clinical topics along with a Qbank that covers 15,000+ clinical knowledge areas.
Exam Master is a study tool for health science students preparing for board exams. Covering a wide variety of subjects and intended for medical, PA, and nursing students, EMO provides review questions, practice exams, explained answers and more.
AccessMedicine provides a variety of educational tools, including a Study Tools section with thousands of sample questions in different areas that can be used to create customized practice exams. Textbooks devoted to board review prep are also available.
NEJM Resident 360 is a resource available through the library's subscription to the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM). You must create an individual account for access. There are a number of clinical cases and other educational resources available.
LWW Health Library Medical Education provides access to books and multimedia educational resources, including case collections.
- USMLE First Aid contains high-yield facts, illustrations and test-taking strategies, casebooks, and board-format Q & A's. These USMLE First Aid books are co-authored by students and residents, ensuring students are studying the most up-to-date and relevant material available.
Don't see the one you need? Search for all textbooks
- Anesthesiologist’s Manual of Surgical Procedures
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Psychiatry, 3e
- Danforth's Obstetrics and Gynecology
- DSM-5 (Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders)
- Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Preventive Medicine, 5e
- Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, 8e
- Genetics in Medicine, 8e
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 20e
- Jawetz, Melnick, & Adelberg's Medical Microbiology, 28e
- Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology, 11e
- Medical Physiology (Boron and Boulpaep), 3e
- Merritt's Neurology, 12e
- Netter's Clinical Anatomy, 4e
- Palliative Care for Non-cancer Patients
- Physiology (Costanzo), 6e
- Principles and Practice of Palliative Care and Supportive Oncology, 4e
- Principles of Ambulatory Medicine
- Rapid Interpretation of EKGs, 6e
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 10e
- Smith's Patient-Centered Interviewing: An Evidence-Based Method, 4e
- Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
- Textbook of Gastroenterology
- Wheater's Functional Histology, 6e
- Williams Obstetrics, 25e