Dana leads the design and front-end development of the library’s web presences. Her research interests include web design & development, marketing & outreach in libraries, open access, and information literacy.
- Front-end web development for the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library, which includes developing, designing, testing, maintaining, assessing the library's websites
- Graphic design for a variety of mediums, including: digital signage, website banners, brochures, bookmarks, postcards, etc.
- Chair of the medical library's Marketing and Communications Committee
- Translating user needs into professional web interfaces in support of the educational, research and clinical missions of the Yale Schools of Medicine, Nursing and Public Health, and the Yale-New Haven Medical Center
- MLS, Library Science, Queens College, 2014
- BA, English, Stony Brook University, 2010
Haugh, D. (2021). "Communicating with medical library users during COVID-19." Journal of the Medical Library Association, 109(1). (Peer-reviewed)
Chase, D. & Haugh, D. (Eds.). (2020). Open Praxis, Open Access: Digital Scholarship in Action. Chicago, IL: ALA Editions.
Haugh, D. (2018). "Library minisites: organization and effective implementation." The Journal of Academic Librarianship, 44(4), 538-540. (Editorial Review)
Haugh D. (2017). "Mobile Applications in Libraries." In L. Costello & M. Powers (Eds.), Developing In-House Digital Tools in Library Spaces ( pp. 76-90). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Costello, L., Powers, M., Haugh, D. (2017). "Pedagogy and Prototyping in Library Makerspaces." In E. Kroski (Ed.), The Makerspace Librarian's Sourcebook (pp. 29-49). Chicago, IL: ALA Editions.
McGivney, C., Kasten, K., Haugh, D., DeVito, J. (2017). "Fake news & information literacy: designing information literacy to empower students." Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Equality and Diversity, 3(1), 1-18 (Peer-reviewed)
Haugh, D. (2016, December). "How do you like your books: print or digital?" Journal of Electronic Resources Librarianship, 28(4), 254-268. (Peer-reviewed)
Bross, V., Ford, D., Haugh, D., Lederman, A., Light, R., Moreno, H., & Yayo Umetsubo (2015). "Reports of Conferences, Institutes, and Seminars."Serials Review, 41(4), 273-285