Help with statistics & GIS
Statistical Consultants work in a question-and-answer mode to help people with particular questions that come up in their research or classroom activities using statistical software, statistical methodologies, and geographic information systems. Consultants can offer advice about questions like these:
- "How should I enter to my data?"
- "What statistical program is best for my project?"
- "How do I get the program to run the analysis I want?"
- "Can you help me clean my data?"
- "How can I create a map or other visual representation from my data?"
CSSSI StatLab consultant shifts in the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
Consultants are generally available at library twice a week. When consultants visit the Medical Library for drop-in meetings, they sit at the back of the library's Information Desk.
Because shifts are sometimes canceled even at the last minute, always check here for the current CSSSI Statistical and GIS Consultants Schedule.
Miriam Olivares and Kate Nyhan are available to support geospatial tools and analysis in your research. Miriam is based in the Center for Science and Social Science Information at 219 Prospect Street. If you wish to meet with Miriam at CSSSI, you can make an appointment here. Kate is based in the Medical Library. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all things GIS, including software, online tutorials and information on GIS Workshops, consult the Geographic Information Systems at Yale Library Guide.
Help with data
Your contacts for assistance with data:
- Rolando Garcia-Milian (email@example.com), Biomedical Sciences Research Support Librarian
- Sawyer Newman (firstname.lastname@example.org), Data Librarian for the Health Sciences
- Kate Nyhan (email@example.com), Public Health Librarian
Information on Data Resources and Services at Yale is collected in this Guide.