***All assistance is conducted remotely at this time***
Help with statistics & GIS
Statistical Consultants work in a question-and-answer mode to help people with particular questions that come up in their research or classroom activities using statistical software, statistical methodologies, and geographic information systems. Consultants can offer advice about questions like these:
- "How should I enter to my data?"
- "What statistical program is best for my project?"
- "How do I get the program to run the analysis I want?"
- "Can you help me clean my data?"
- "How can I create a map or other visual representation from my data?"
StatLab Consultants in the Medical Library
Consultants are generally available at the medical library twice a week. Always check the Walk-In Help Schedule for cancellations or shift changes.
Additional ways to get help:
- Visit consultants at their main location in the Marx Library
- Call: 203-432-3278
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miriam Olivares and Kate Nyhan are available to support geospatial tools and analysis in your research.
- Miriam is based in the Marx Library at 219 Prospect Street - you can make an appointment here.
- Kate is based in the Medical Library. Contact her at email@example.com.
For all things GIS, including software, online tutorials and information on GIS Workshops, consult the Geographic Information Systems at Yale Library Guide.
Help with data
Your contacts for assistance with data:
- Rolando Garcia-Milian (firstname.lastname@example.org), Biomedical Sciences Research Support Librarian
- Kate Nyhan (email@example.com), Public Health Librarian
- Kaitlin Throgmorton (firstname.lastname@example.org), Data Librarian for the Health Sciences
Information on Data Resources and Services at Yale is collected in this Guide.