Contact Judy for assistance or consultations on health sciences educational scholarship, systematic reviews or other evidence syntheses, and research on diversity and inclusion.
Judy is the Librarian for:
- YSM Office of Education
- Undergraduate Medical Education
- YSM Teaching and Learning Center
- MLS, Southern Connecticut State University, 1996
- BA, Hofstra University, 1985
Grossetta Nardini HK, Batten J, Funaro MC, Garcia-Milian R, Nyhan K, Spak JM, Wang L, Glover JG. Librarians as methodological peer reviewers for systematic reviews: results of an online survey. Res Integr Peer Rev. 2019;4:23. doi: 10.1186/s41073-019-0083-5. eCollection 2019. PubMed PMID: 31798974; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6882225.
Nicholson, J., Spak, J. M., Kovar-Gough, I., Lorbeer, E. R., & Adams, N. E. (2019). Entrustable professional activity 7: opportunities to collaborate on evidence-based medicine teaching and assessment of medical students. BMC Medical Education, 19(1), 330. doi:10.1186/s12909-019-1764-y
Van Schalkwyk SC, Hafler J, Brewer TF, Maley MA, Margolis C, McNamee L, Meyer I, Peluso MJ, Schmutz AM, Spak JM, Davies D; Bellagio Global Health Education Initiative. Transformative learning as pedagogy for the health professions: a scoping review. Medical Education. 2019 Feb 14. doi: 10.1111/medu.13804.
Green, ML, Moeller JJ, Spak JM. The effectiveness of test-enhanced learning in health professions education - a systematic review and meta-analysis. Medical Teacher. 2018 Apr; 40(4): 337-350. doi: 10.1080/0142159X.2018.1430354. Epub 2018 Feb 1.
- Spak J, Glover, J. The personal librarian program: an evaluation of a Cushing/Whitney Medical Library outreach initiative. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, Winter 2007, 26 (4): 15-25. dol: 10.1300/J115v26n04_02.