I am a Research & Education Librarian dedicated to providing quality services to users in the health sciences community. These services include literature searches in support of systematic reviews, research, grants, clinical practice, animal use, teaching, and publishing . In addition I teach classes and provide reference services both in-person and online.
Librarian for the following Departments:
- Child Study Center | Resource Guide
- Dentistry | Resource Guide
- Laboratory Medicine | Resource Guide
- Neurology | Resource Guide
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery | Resource Guide
- Pediatrics | Resource Guide
- Psychiatry | Resource Guide
- Therapeutic Radiology | Resource Guide
- MLS, Library Science, Southern Connecticut State Univ., 2009
- MS, Horticulture, West Virginia University, 2004
- BS, Agriculture, University of Delaware, 2000
Medical Library Association, 2014-Present
North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries, 2014-Present
Connecticut Association of Health Sciences Librarians, 2014-Present
Publications and Presentations:
- Funaro, M. C., Rojiani, R., & Norton, M. J. (2019). Improving community well-being through collaborative initiatives at a medical library. Journal of the Medical Library Association: JMLA, 107(3), 425.
- Husain, Z. A., Sahgal, A., De Salles, A., Funaro, M., Glover, J., Hayashi, M., . . . Martínez-Alvarez, R. (2017). Stereotactic body radiotherapy for de novo spinal metastases: systematic review: International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society practice guidelines. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, 27(3), 295-302.
- Nardini, H. G., Batten, J., Funaro, M., Garcia-Milian, R., Nyhan, K., Spak, J. M., . . . Glover, J. (2019). Librarians as methodological peer reviewers for systematic reviews: results of a survey.
- Norton, M. J., Funaro, M. C., & Rojiani, R. (2018). Improving Healthcare Professionals’ Well-Being Through the Use of Therapy Dogs. Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 18(3), 203-209.
- Nyhan, K., Funaro, M., & Hersey, D. (2017). Library support for clinical and translational research: research data management and data science.
- Oldfield, B. J., Muñoz, N., Mcgovern, M. P., Funaro, M., Villanueva, M., Tetrault, J. M., & Edelman, E. J. (2018). Integration of care for HIV and opioid use disorder: a systematic review of interventions in clinical and community-based settings. AIDS (London, England).
- Vermette, D., Hu, P., Canarie, M., Funaro, M., Glover, J., Balda, M., & Pierce, R. (2018). Tight Junction Structure, Function and Assessment in the Critically Ill. Shock, 49(6), 82-82.
- Vermette, D., Hu, P., Canarie, M. F., Funaro, M., Glover, J., & Pierce, R. W. (2018). Tight junction structure, function, and assessment in the critically ill: a systematic review. Intensive Care Medicine Experimental, 6(1), 37. Funaro, M., Nardini, H. G., Garcia-Milian, R., Hersey, D., Gentry, M., & Nyhan, K. (2016). Animal research at Yale: how librarians are improving IACUC literature searches. Poster presented at the North Atlantic Health Science Libraries Conference, New Haven, CT.
- Funaro, M., & Norton, M. (2015). How a medical library is an anchor for stress relief and relaxation. Poster presented at the North Atlantic Health Science Libraries, Providence, RI.
- Funaro, M., & Norton, M. (2015). Making space, building collaboration: serendipity in the stacks. Poster presented at the Medical Library Association, Austin, TX.
- Funaro, M., & Nyhan, K. (2017). Expert searching: animal experimentation, compliance, and literature searching. MLA News.
- Husain, Z. A., Sahgal, A., De Salles, A., Funaro, M., Glover, J., Hayashi, M., . . . Ryu, S. (2017). Stereotactic body radiotherapy for de novo spinal metastases: systematic review. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, 27(3), 295-302. doi: 10.3171/2017.1.SPINE16684
- Norton, M., & Funaro, M. (2017). Creating community: how our library dreamed big, dared to take chances, and did something new. Poster presented at the Medical Library Association, Seattle, WA.
- Nyhan, K., Funaro, M., & Hersey, D. (2017). Library support for clinical and translational research: research data management and data science. Poster presented at the New England e-Science Symposium.
- VanTine (Funaro), M. (2004). Effect of watering regime and media components on the production of organic tomato transplants. (Masters Degree in Horticulture), West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV.