- Provides end-user bioinformatics support to basic biomedical science researches.
- Develops and conducts training programs and workshops on bioinformatics resources and databases.
- Provides bioinformatics consulting services.
- Primary liaison between the Library and research departments, laboratories, and individual scientists.
- Supports biomedical research data management.
Publications & Grants:
Schaefer N, Stoyan-Rosenzweig N, and Garcia-Milian R. (2014) Health and safety during Canal construction In 100 Years of The Panama Canal. Celebrating the Centennial 1914- 2014 2014 (p. 134-141) Faircount Media Group, Tampa, FL.
- Biomedical Informatics Fellow, National Library of Medicine, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA - 2012
- Grant from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, HHS-N-276-2011-00004-C (Co- PI) Title: Developing an Infrastructure for Information Support for Clinical and Translational Researchers. - 2011
- Grant from The Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) No. 96-091 RG/BIO/LA (PI) Title: Modulation of Human Papillomavirus Expression by Human Interleukin-2 in Cervical Carcinoma Cells - 1997
- The Yamagiwa Yoshida Memorial International Cancer Study Grant, awarded by International Union Against Cancer (PI) - 1996