*UPDATE: Beginning November 25, all Yale libraries will be closed to library users.
We are happy to announce that we reopened the medical library on Monday, August 24. Our hours of service are:
Mon-Fri: 7:30AM - 6:00PM
Sat-Sun: 10:00AM – 6:00PM
Building access is limited to Yale and YNHH users authorized to be on campus. Visitors will notice many changes to both our on-site services and facilities. Here's what to expect:
Visitors must wear a mask at all times, maintain 6ft distance from others, and adhere to posted signage.
Seating capacity has been significantly reduced throughout the library, and the furniture layout in classrooms, meeting rooms, and study spaces has been intentionally adjusted to comply with Environmental Health and Safety recommendations and should not be moved.
Room reservations have resumed with considerably decreased seating capacities.
The Cushing Center will remain closed until further notice.
- While custodial staff will be thoroughly cleaning public spaces daily, surfaces and workspaces must be disinfected by visitors before and after use with the provided cleaning materials.
Using, Borrowing, and Returning Print Materials
Visitors may browse and retrieve materials they wish to borrow from open stacks. Books and journals used in the library should be left in specified locations for quarantine.
To return borrowed items, please use the book depository located near the entrance of the library.
- Print reserves are not available this semester but staff have worked to enhance access to content via online course reserves.
Computers & Technology
- 20 computers are available for use throughout the library and the the 24/7 room.
- Visitors must clean workstations and equipment before and after use with the provided disinfectants.
- Contactless printing has been enabled at printer stations for Yale ID holders. Visitors may also print directly from their laptop via Web Print or from their mobile device (instructions for iOS or Android).
- The Faculty Video Production Studio is available (reservations required).
- Access to special collections materials is by appointment only for those authorized to be on campus. Please use this link to make an appointment. Please request items at least 2 days in advance.
- Digitization of materials continues for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 courses, and support for online sessions using Medical Historical Library materials.
Continuing Online Research and Education Support
We continue to provide many library services online including consultations, instruction, reference, and research support.
- Please reach out to your personal or departmental librarian via email.
We're here to support you and we encourage you to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We're excited to welcome visitors back to the library and are relying on everyone to do their part to minimize risk for themselves and others.