- Provide instruction on PubMed and EndNote
- Personal Librarian for YSM students
- Provide answers to your clinical questions
Liaison to the following Departments:
- Child Study Center | Resource Guide
- Dentistry | Resource Guide
- Laboratory Medicine | Resource Guide
- Neurology | Resource Guide
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery | Resource Guide
- Pediatrics | Resource Guide
- Psychiatry | Resource Guide
- Therapeutic Radiology | Resource Guide
I am a Clinical Librarian dedicated to providing quality services. I teach classes to clinicians, researchers, students, and faculty as well as provide reference services both in-person and online.
- MLS, Library Science, Southern Connecticut State Univ., 2009
- MS, Horticulture, West Virginia University, 2004
- BS, Agriculture, University of Delaware, 2000
Medical Library Association, 2014-Present
North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries, 2014-Present
Connecticut Library Association, 2011-Present
Connecticut Association of Health Sciences Librarians, 2014-Present
Publications and Presentations:
- Funaro, M., Nardini, H. G., Garcia-Milian, R., Hersey, D., Gentry, M., & Nyhan, K. (2016). Animal research at Yale: how librarians are improving IACUC literature searches. Poster presented at the North Atlantic Health Science Libraries Conference, New Haven, CT.
- Funaro, M., & Norton, M. (2015). How a medical library is an anchor for stress relief and relaxation. Poster presented at the North Atlantic Health Science Libraries, Providence, RI.
- Funaro, M., & Norton, M. (2015). Making space, building collaboration: serendipity in the stacks. Poster presented at the Medical Library Association, Austin, TX.
- Funaro, M., & Nyhan, K. (2017). Expert searching: animal experimentation, compliance, and literature searching. MLA News.
- Husain, Z. A., Sahgal, A., De Salles, A., Funaro, M., Glover, J., Hayashi, M., . . . Ryu, S. (2017). Stereotactic body radiotherapy for de novo spinal metastases: systematic review. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine, 27(3), 295-302. doi: 10.3171/2017.1.SPINE16684
- Norton, M., & Funaro, M. (2017). Creating community: how our library dreamed big, dared to take chances, and did something new. Poster presented at the Medical Library Association, Seattle, WA.
- Nyhan, K., Funaro, M., & Hersey, D. (2017). Library support for clinical and translational research: research data management and data science. Poster presented at the New England e-Science Symposium.
- VanTine (Funaro), M. (2004). Effect of watering regime and media components on the production of organic tomato transplants. (Masters Degree in Horticulture), West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV.