Printing from Medical Library computers is available through an arrangement with Yale Printing & Publication Service (Yale YPPS). Six multifunction machines located throughout the Medical Library allow photocopying and scanning in addition to printing. You can also configure your laptop printer to use the system.
ACCOUNTS: A Yale PaperCut account is required to print, copy or scan from these machines. Create or add value to an account through the YPPS Print Account Management page.
Prices on the PaperCut/BluePrint System:
- Double-sided B&W copies and prints cost $0.06 on average ($0.10 for the first side and $0.02 for the second side).
- Single-sided B&W prints and copies cost $0.10.
- 11"x17" copies cost $0.20 (only available on multifunction machines in the journal stacks)
- Color printer and copies are $ 0.25 per page
- Scanning is $ 0.01 per page
Configure your Laptop for the PaperCut/BluePrint System
The simplest way to print is to use the Web Print function from your PaperCut User Page. This function will allow you to upload a variety of different file formats and send them to the Campus-wide Black & White or Color Queue. If you print more frequently or need to print formats not supported by the Web Print service, follow the instructions in the Quick Queue Set-Up Guide for Students section on the PaperCut Documentation & Drivers page.
Photocopier, Printer, and Scanner Locations
All YPPS UniPrint equipment are Multifunction Printer/Copier/Scanners. The Medical Library has a total of five black and white machines and one color/black and white machines.
- Two B&W machines in the journal stacks (11"x17" platen)
- One B&W machine in the 24/7 Computer & Study Space
- Two B&W machines in the Information Room
- One Color machine in the Information Room
Other scanning options include two digital workstations with scanners available for use by Yale University affiliates. There is a Windows workstation with a flatbed scanner in the Information Room. The 24/7 Space has another Windows workstation with scanner and an iMac with a flatbed scanner.