Scopus is a large database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources. Broad coverage from Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific region. 100% coverage of Medline titles.
1) Search for: main search window, enter topic to search
2) Search items: pull-down menu allows search by item (author, language…) – can also use tabs
3) Add search field: pull-down allows you to search by document type (article in press, letter, review)
Try: carbohydrate metabolism
Sorting Options and refining Search Results:
4) Refine:Limit to or exclude specific journals or authors
5) Link to full Article: Click on Yale Links to link to the full article
6) Display Abstract: Click the article title to show the details of the article including the abstract
7) Sort Options:By default, search results are listed by year. Click the topic headings, to sort by relevance, author, and journal
8) Cited by: Click on the number to display articles citing that article
Scopus is listed under Resources on our homepage, if you have additional questions contact your library liaison.